Creating a lasting impression goes beyond wearing elegant clothes and projecting good composure. A good hairstyle plays an important role as well. Hairstyles can either project a conservative aura or a modernistic image. They can even tell much about a person’s upbringing, culture, personality, ideals and fashion statement. In short, they can tell a story about the person. Not to mention the fact that in the person’s entire ensemble, the hairstyle is in some ways the crowning glory.
Especially for women, wearing the right hairstyle is as important as wearing good clothes and designer shoes. The type of hairstyle worn for a particular occasion can greatly affect someone’s overall “look”.
For the women of 2010, here are a few elegant hairstyle ideas applicable for different occasions (and general instructions on how to create the styles for yourself):
Styles include chignon, barrel curls, half-updos, bun, and those with bangs. These are best to be worn during parties, weddings, prom nights, and other formal occasions.
- Secure back hair into a low ponytail.
- Apply styling gel and twist ponytail into a bun.
- Secure the bun with hair clips or pins and apply hairspray to hold the style.
For more information about this hairstyle, click here.
Short Wavy Hairstyle
Whether you are going for a night out with friends or attending a party, this hairstyle is just perfect. Exuding a feminine appearance, this hairstyle never goes out of style.
- Apply mousse to your hair in an even spread.
- Blow dry hair and smooth it straight.
- Use a curling iron to make curls on hair or apply stying gel or hairspray and divide it into several sections.
- Wind each section of hair into thermo rollers and heat each for 10 minutes.
- Remove thermo rollers.
For images of wavy hair, click here.
Perfect for women with long or shoulder-length hair. Can be worn on a dinner-date, at work, for a lunch out, formal or casual gatherings, and many other situations. This hairstyle can be a good alternative for braids, and comes in many variations.
- Part damp hair and apply hair spray or styling gel.
- Starting from the base of your neck, wind the hair into the desired twist style.
- The number of hanging twists depends on the number of hair sections: you can make a single twist hanging down your back, or a twist version of the braided pigtails, with two sections hanging from either side of the head.
Simple Updo Twist
- Comb back damp hair into a ponytail
- Keeping it against the back of the head, twist the hair up to as high as you’d like it to go. Remember to secure the top of the ponytail against the head as firmly or as loosely as you wish – the tighter the twist, the tighter the hair at the front will be.
- Secure the end of the twist at the top of the head using a pin of your choice.
For variations of this hairstyle, click here.
Roll Up/Curl Hairstyle
Simple yet chic, this hairstyle may be worn on casual occasions, like going for a walk, meeting some friends, or even going to work or school. Whether as an updo or flowing locks, this is a versatile hairstyle that works for a range of occasions.
- Apply hairspray to damp hair.
- Divide hair into sections and wrap each into a hair roller.
- Let the hair dry with the rollers on.
- Remove rollers and brush hair.
- Apply hairspray to hold style.
If you are looking for a hairstyle that you can wear for a variety of occasions such as going out with friends, attending athletic events, going to work, or to any casual events, this hairstyle is perfect. Variations include high ponytail, very low ponytail, sideways ponytail, and wild ponytail. When done with finesse and style and partnered with the right clothing, this hairstyle may even be worn on special occasions such as parties, awarding ceremonies, and graduation balls.
- Apply gel to hair and comb to remove tangles.
- Gather hair at the back and secure with a rubber band or hair clip.
- Hair may also be gathered on the side if you desire to have a sideways ponytail.
More information on ponytails can be found here.
Incoming search terms:
- youngs styling gel